Notifications are standard messages that are sent to the mobile managing an Aruba Instant On site, when an alert is triggered by the system. The notification mechanism updates administrators about any alert that is triggered on the site. The notification is displayed in 2 distinct lines, the first line displays the name of the alert and the second line displays the site name. However, when the system triggers multiple alerts from the same site, the notification mechanism collapses all the notifications generated from the alerts and displays it as a single notification on the registered device.
When you click a notification, your registered device automatically opens the Instant On app and takes you to the corresponding management interface for the Instant On site. If no action is taken on the alert, the notification remains in the notification bar and can still be viewed at anytime until it is cleared. All alerts triggered on the site can be viewed by clicking on Show all alerts in the Site Health tile.
To enable notifications for alerts, follow these steps:
- Click on the account icon (the alphabet icon) displayed on the header and select from the drop down menu. The Account management page is displayed.
- In the page, select to view options.
- Under Alert Categories, slide the toggle switch(es) to enable () or disable () the alerts you want to be notified about. The alerts you have enabled will be displayed in the Site Health tile in the home page. For more information on viewing and managing alerts, see:
By default, the notifications are enabled for all three alert types.
Alert categories offer a selection of device related events for which you may receive a notification alert. You can choose to either enable or disable notifications for a specific alert category. The alert category types available are:
Enabling this option will trigger notification alert when there are connectivity issues in the site. This alert indicates that clients are experiencing issues with internet connectivity. The following are possible scenarios when the alert is triggered:
- Internet gateway loses connectivity with your Internet Service Provider.
- Internal network issues.
Enabling this option will trigger notification alerts when an Instant On device malfunctions or is disconnected from the network. The following are possible scenarios when an alert will be triggered:
- Instant On Device loses power.
- Instant On Device is disconnected from the network.
- Local network or Internet connectivity issue.
- Instant On Device is restarting due to an unexpected condition.
Enabling this option will trigger a notification when the power budget of the Switch reaches the maximum limit and the Switch can no longer power new devices through PoE. This alert is triggered when the Switch denies a device's request for PoE supply. The total power budget of the switch and the power consumption information is displayed in the Switch Details page in the Inventory module.