The Aruba Instant On switches can also be managed using the local WebUI of the switch. This can be done when the switch is in its factory default state and connected to the internet.
The following procedure describes how to access the local WebUI of the switch:
- Type the IP address of the switch in your web browser and press enter. The landing page of the local WebUI is displayed.
- Click the tab in the of the landing page.
The switch cannot be onboarded or managed from the Instant On
If you had opted to manage the switches using the cloud mode earlier (Instant On
- Click the Aruba Instant On home page or click the () banner and then click on . () tile on the
- Click the () arrow next to a switch in the list and then click tab.
- Select . Selecting this option will remove the switch and its configuration from the inventory.
The local WebUI provides an option to configure a static IP on the Instant On switch. The switch receives its default IP address from the DHCP server. The following procedure configures a static IP address and other IP addressing information on the switch using the local WebUI:
- In the local WebUI, click the link at the bottom of the page.
- Under IP addressing, select the radio button.
- Enter the , , and information.
- Click .
The following procedure configures a management VLAN for the switch using the local WebUI:
- Under , select the radio button.
- Enter the ID and the ID.
- Click .